Thursday, June 7, 2012

A New Dawning

Ok this post is going to make me sound crazy but I am just going to keep it real and see how it goes.

I've always know artists are very visual people but I often get to thinking that everyone can see what I see. I'm willing to concede that maybe that's not the case. I have never admitted what I'm about to say in a public forum before because I'm afraid you will judge me and call me crazy. Here goes. I see faces. All over the place at any given time. I figure anyone can see them, especially if I point them out. Not so much! I see them so much that I've decided to start drawing them or chronicle them in some way. The problem is I don't have paper and pencil handy when I see them.

Today I was sitting in the bathroom looking at my towel hanging on the rod and I often see faces in my towels. Today was no exception and since I had my phone with me I decided to take a photo so I could draw it later. I took several photos and never can I see the face in the photo. Is it a vampire? I would argue not. The only conclusion I can come to is that I see them more in my mind than the camera sees them. I'm a little freaked out right now.

I see faces in chipped paint patterns on bathroom walls and water stained streets and sidewalks. Apparently I need to start carrying around a notebook so I can keep a log of them.

Okay. So now you know I'm crazy! At least I'm keeping it real!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the freak world...I'll hold the door for you. This makes me laugh. Everyone has something. I don't see faces in towels, but I always see them on tree bark, and I'm not even an artist. I actually smells things more often then see them. For instance I sometimes smell hay when I know darn well there isnt any around. Other smells too. See...confirmation your not crazy. This is what friends are for. They love you for you, and for keepin it real, and will even jump on board with you. LEAPING>>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may take notice you are the only one. At least I'm in good company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to get more followers...keep writing!

      Delete