Sunday, July 15, 2012

Movies

I love movies. I have always loved movies but as I get older I realize how often the same story is told and so they begin to lose their allure. That's why I love it when I see a movie that sticks with me long after I've seen it. I just saw The Beasts of the Southern Wild yesterday and it was fantastic. It's basically a meaning of life type movie but very smartly done.

The story is told from the point of view of a small child and that little girl is staying with me. Maybe it's just personal but I highly recommend this movie.

What are we doing to leave our mark on the world? Have we made any corner of the world better by being in it. Have we helped anyone? I often wish I could have the experience of of It's A Wonderful Life so I could see whether or not I have actually helped anyone in this world.

My next birthday is the big 50 and I have been giving a lot of thought as to what I want to do. More and more I am thinking of doing 50 random acts of kindness that day. I would love my friends to join me in that endeavor so if you are reading this and have any suggestions of things to do and want to join me, I welcome your ideas.

I sort of changed topics here but I'm just keeping it real.

2 comments:

  1. I think 50 in a day would be very hard. This will take some thinking, but I LOVE the idea. I think we all get to an age and wonder the same things you are. I myself have asked over and over...what's my purpose? Why am I here? It would be a great gift if everyone who was getting you a gift did the random act of kindness, and think how much love they would spread and how wonderful it could make them feel. It would be like you giving them a gift and all the recipients of those gifts too. What a wonderful gift to all. Let's discuss this more on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I don't want anything for my birthday but maybe some proof of them doing a random act of kindness in my honor or something like that.

    ReplyDelete