Friday, May 4, 2012

Art-A-Whirl

Art-A-Whirl
 
I work two jobs which ultimately requires that I work seven days a week one job or the other, or both. I am completely exhausted and every day tasks are not getting done, yet I am participating in Art-A-Whirl this year which has been called the largest art crawl in the country. You might ask why the hell would I do that? Well let me tell you.

I am trying to regain my life back. I once had a life that was comfortable, and stable, where I actually had some time to make art and enjoy a little free time. My life changed dramatically and I ended up on a very different path. Although I have zero regrets about the choices I made that got me where i find myself now, I want my creative space back!

I want it all! The physical space as well as the mental space where creativity can grow and explore and play. In an attempt to get back to a more creative life, I committed to the art show which is forcing me to do something…anything.

I internally committed to two years of the show so I could make an attempt to work on a project that has been burning a hole in my brain for a while now. This new work will be for next year but I’m excited thinking about it.

For this year I will be selling jewelery so come buy yourself a little something!

Just keepin it real…

1 comment:

  1. You are so not OLD!!!! No more of that talk Miss AK. I understand you are tired, overwhelmed - but I know how strong you are and I think you are on the right track with the Art A Whirl piece. Bit by bit by bit. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete