Friday, May 4, 2012

To Write a Book Or Not...that is the question?

I have been in conversations recently with a friend who suggested we collaborate on a book project. This brings to mind something I heard a very long time ago, that everyone has at least one book within them to write. Most people probably won’t do it but I’m thinking about joining the ranks of those who have.

I don’t profess to be a good writer or that my life is that interesting. In fact I think my life is very uninteresting but I have been told many times throughout my life that I should write a book. I guess I’ve become so accustomed to my life, for better or worse, that I forget it might be of interest to someone or that it might help someone else having some difficulties in their life.

Aside from not having any free time in which to actually do this, it would also mean dredging up a bunch of memories I would just as soon not dwell on again. I have done a lot of work in certain areas of my life but in order for the book to be authentic I would need to revisit the past.

It’s an interesting dilemma and no final decisions have been made, but it gives me reason to pause and contemplate keepin’ it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment